London doesn't know how to handle snow like Minnesotans do! I'll have to post some pictures of just how much snow is out there. Not much! My kids today were just thrilled to see snow. They were asking me all sorts of questions about the snow in "my country." "Do you have school when there's this much snow in your country?"...haha! They make me sound like quite the foreigner! They don't realize that the USA is a huge place. England is tiny! Only about the size of Texas....but I might be wrong on that. Kalsang's hoping for a snow day tomorrow...but I'm not!! What would I do trapped in London for the day without school?! Ugh!
A little boy today told me he liked my accent...and when I said the word "Awesome!" I didn't even realize I said it! But he liked it! :) Lots of good quotes from these kids---I love all kid quotes! But their British accents make them better! :)
Today we had all the Year 3 and Year 4 classes together outside for a snowball fight! We don't even do that in Minnesota! The snow was more like ice....and they loved to throw it at me! Haha! We were all wet and cold but had fun out in the slush!
The parents of my students do some very extraordinary things! Today I found out that one of my student's dad has designed an iPod/iPhone application! How crazy is that?! It's amazing to meet children with parents who do some very interesting things!
Well I'm off to unpack and shower and snuggle into bed! I've forgotten how tiring it was to be at school all day! :)
More soon!
--Krystyna
1 comment:
haha--we've probably gotten that much snow just today & theres more coming! pretty cool how you're the one with the accent now tho. :)
zach's back at school so i'm home all alone, i wish you were here so we could do nothing together! :)
good night to you...LOVE you!
Post a Comment