Hello all! Today was my first day at Prior Weston Primary School. It was a teacher "inset day"....in-service day is what we would call it. Basically meetings and getting organized for the beginning of another term. It was so good to finally meet my cooperating teacher, Charles. He's great! Very friendly and very welcoming to me. He stressed that he wants this experience to be educational but also relaxing and not super stressful. He said that I have the rest of my career as a teacher to be stressed...I love this guy already! :) Charles showed me a picture of each student and went through what their parents do and where their parents are from. Some very interesting combinations! And names! Lets hope I pronounce them all right :) I'm excited to meet them all--and Charles' thought that they would all be excited to meet me too!
Here's a few things I've learned so far....
**England is a very romantic place-everywhere you go you see couples snuggled up to eachother
**The English love to use terms of endearment...babe, gorgeous, darling, sweetheart...all in one sentence. I mean really?! You don't need to do that! haha!
**You have to wear layers if you're going to survive in this country! I know, I know....I'm from Minnesota where its -30 or more withOUT windchill at the moment. But England is a whole different kind of cold...brrrr
**You have to get rid of Minnesota nice and lookout for yourself! If you don't look out for yourself, you'd never survive on the Tube!
More updates soon!
--Krystyna
No comments:
Post a Comment